Monday, May 10, 2010

Drinko de Mayo

It was a beautiful spring evening. As the pink glow of the sunset was cast upon the majestic Sandia Mountains, I had just turned in my final paper for the semester and was ready to get my drrriiiink on.

I convened with Spenatalie and Co. on the patio of Nob Hill Bar and Grill to begin our celebration of Mexico's heritage and pride.

This spring soiree had been in the plans for many days. It originally included me, Spenatalie, and our good friend Morgan (a single male lawyer from Harvard taking apps for a significant other). However, since we are so popular it eventually turned into a large gathering which included a notable local celebrity, Byron Morton.

We sat on the patio and enjoyed the perfect spring weather, cheap $2 well drinks, $5 margaritas, $1 off drafts and delish discounted appetizers.

Since it was Cinco de Mayo, I had to begin the evening with a margarita. While I am more of a fan of a blended margarita, this one was served on the rocks with a lightly salted rim. It was still excellent. I then switched to several diet coke and vodkas. I also enjoyed a trio of tostadas.

Our party began with three and ended with 10...all seated at a table for four. Our waiter did an excellent job of keeping our glasses full, stomachs satisfied, and checks separated.

The delicious, cheap food and drinks, amazing company and great customer service give this happy hour two thumbs up from me.

Moral of the story: *Dont go on Mondays but go every other day of the week.

* They are closed on Monday :(

No comments:

Post a Comment