Friday, July 10, 2009

sum sum summertime

Due to the overwhelmingly packed summer schedules of Mr. Green and Mirevj, we're pretty behind on our group happy hour outings. I, on the other hand, have been keeping up with my commitment to happy houring in the 505. From Tuesday wing nights at Monte Vista to Wednesday $2.50 pint nights at Copper Lounge, I've been out there-- just neglecting to blog about it.

It's been especially hot in the 505 these days, so my current number one recommendation is a cool drink on the patio of Blackbird Buvette. As Mirevj noted earlier this summer, Blackbird has a charming patio and a lovely menu. Try the brie quesadilla with a pint of Marble Wildflower Wheat. You won't regret it. Gecko's in Nob Hill also has a nice patio, but you may have to wait for a table. O'Neill's has a great patio, but expect high prices and interesting clientelle. If you're feeling somewhat ritzy, I'd recommend Seasons rooftop Cantina. It's affordable during happy hour (Monday - Friday 4:00-6:30 and again from 9:00-10:00) and the calamari is delicious.

In other happy hour news, I'm dying to try out Artichoke Cafe's new happy hour deals. Artichoke has always been my favorite fancy dining location in Albuquerque. Hopefully my Happy Hour 505 co-bloggers will get their priorities straight soon and we'll check it out for you all. Until then, happy patio-ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment